High Potency Bacillus Subtilis
What Is HU58?
HU58 is a high potency dose of Bacillus subtilis HU58, formulated to enhance the efficacy of MegaSporeBiotic for specific health conditions.
HU58 is recommended with:
- Hepatic encephalopathy
- Inflammatory bowel diseases like ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease
- C. diff infections
- Gut infections like SIBO, Candida, parasites, and more
- Frequent travel
The main benefits of taking additional Bacillus subtilis include:
- 100% survivability in the digestive tract
- Competitive exclusion of other bacteria, fungi, and parasites
- 20% reduction in ammonia and hydrogen gas
- 40% increase in short-chain fatty acid (SCFA) production
- Decreased gut inflammation
- Improved digestion
- Immune modulation
- Active gut reconditioning in antibiotic-rich environments
Long before the days of antibiotics, Bacillus subtilis was used as a powerful probiotic treatment for many digestive symptoms, including traveler’s diarrhea and acute diarrhea in children. By the mid-1900’s, cheap antibiotics began to replace this probiotic in the US markets in the interest of cutting healthcare costs. However, the rest of the world continues to use Bacillus subtilis for a variety of GI symptoms.
Designed by Nature
MegaSporeBiotic™ is formulated with nature in mind. Spores, derived from the word “seed,”are the most basic building block of a new cell. Found naturally in our environment, spores area robust and effective way of delivering probiotics. Once they reach the intestines, they go towork strengthening the immune system and protecting you from infection.
Our scientists have found a way to deliver these probiotics safely to the digestive system.These strains have a tough natural outer shell that protects them from the stomach acid. Thiskey feature is what makes MegaSporeBiotic™ effective and what separates us from all otherprobiotic products.
MegaSporeBiotic™ introduces HU36™, the first commercially available carotenoid rich probiotic. This strain naturally produces forms of lycopene, astaxanthin, zeaxanthin, beta caroteneand lutein in your digestive tract right at the site of absorption. This makes them the mostbioavailable antioxidants known to science.
Convenient - No Refrigeration
Traveling with MegaSporeBiotic™ is convenient, uncomplicated, and practical because it doesnot require refrigeration. If a probiotic is so fragile it requires refrigeration, how will it survive thehigh temperatures and acidity of the stomach? It won’t. MegaSporeBiotic™ survives and arrivesat the site of colonization alive, so it can perform its probiotic function!
What can MegaSporeBiotic™
do for you?
What is in MegaSporeBiotic™
Produces protease and improves protein digestion
Produces whole spectrum of B vitamins and Folic acid
Bacillus Indicus HU36™
Produces high levels of carotenoids – lycopene, axtaxanthin, beta-carotene, and lutein.
Produces quinols and vitamins.
The most effective antioxidant probiotic on the market.
Bacillus Subtilis HU58™
Widely used, safe and highly effective
Produces nattokinase and vitamin K2
Highly important for immune development – GALT
Potent immune stimulator
Antibiotic resistant for use during antibiotic treatment
In IBS, Crohn’s ulcerative colitis
Produces L+ optical form of lactic acid
Potent immune stimulation
Gut Model Study
- Continuous Gut Model Study Summary
- Gut Model Study – HU36 August 2013
- Gut Model Study – HU58 July 2013
- MegaSporeBiotic: Literature Handout
- MegaSporeBiotic and the Safety of Bacillus Licheniformis
- Webinar Recording – Forget What You Think You Know About Probiotics, Hosted by Dynamic Chiropractic
- Healthy Bacteria: Understanding This Foundational Food, DC Practice Insights: May 2014
- MegaSporeBiotic Article: Chiropractic Economics August
- Check out our YouTube Channel (YouTube.com)
Patient HandoutDownload Patient Handout
Frequently Asked Questions
1. The organism must be a normally occurring organism in the digestive tract.
2. In order to consistently trigger a healthy boost in immune function the organism must be supplemented in concentrations higher than what normally occurs in the digestive tract.
3. The organism must be able to survive in the digestive tract as well as in the environment.
Interestingly enough there are almost no probiotics in the marketplace that meet all three of these criteria!
1) Bacillus Indicus HU36 – The first carotenoid rich probiotic strain offered to the dietary supplement market. An isolate from humans, Indicus HU36 produces high levels of powerful carotenoids (antioxidants) at the site of absorption. Carotenoids do not survive the gastric system well. HU36 however, has demonstrated the ability to survive past the stomach acid and produce the carotenoids at their site of absorption in the gut. This makes the carotenoids produced by HU 36 the most bioavailable supplementary carotenoids in the marketplace. HU36 gives MegaSporeBiotic a function that no other probiotic formulations on the market can claim-it provides key nutrients in their most potent form.
2) Bacillus Clausii – This strain is the largest selling strain of prescription probiotic in the world. For the first time, this strain is made available to the U.S. dietary supplement industry and is available exclusively to healthcare professionals. Bacillus Clausii is recommended for use during antibiotic treatment due to its ability to resist damage from a variety of common antibiotics. MegaSporeBiotic has the unique function of being a powerful supplement that can be used in adjunct with antibiotic therapy to keep the organisms balanced in the gut.
3) Bacillus Subtilis HU58 – Bacillus Subtilis has been extensively studied on a genetic and functional level. There are several probiotic products in the pharmaceutical and agricultural markets that utilize this powerful probiotic. One very interesting function of Bacillus Subtilis is its ability to produce nearly 12 strong antibiotics that are potent fighters of opportunistic and harmful bacteria. Bacillus Subtilis HU58 offers MegaSporeBiotic the ability to prevent harmful bacteria growth in a variety of conditions. In addition, HU58 produces a very healthy compound called Nattokinase. Nattokinase is secreted from vegetative cells of Bacillus subtilis and has been shown to reduce blood pressure, reduce cholesterol and reduce excessive clotting by fibrinolysis. Along with Nattokinase, Bacillus subtilis also produces a number of other nutrients that have systemic health benefits such as B vitamins and Vitamin K2. Bacillus subtilis HU58 offers MegaSporeBiotic the important function of fighting off pathogenic bacteria and producing key nutrients in the gut itself. In addition, HU58 is an extremely potent immune stimulator. It has the function of germinating in the small intestines to some degree and this offers the effect of broad-spectrum immune stimulation.
4) Bacillus Licheniformis – A probiotic often found with Bacillus subtilis and other bacillus species, licheniformis has been shown to have a potent effect of preventing the growth of harmful bacteria via the production of a common antibiotic called bacitracin. It is also a potent immune stimulator. Another very important feature of bacillus licheniformis is its ability to produce highly effective and stable protease enzymes in the gut that assist in the digestion and absorption of proteins. Lastly, licheniformis also produces the whole spectrum of B vitamins in the gut including folic acid and biotin and acts as an important nutrient factory in the digestive system.
5) Bacillus Coagulans – A very well studied probiotic in the spore family that has a profound effect on inflammatory conditions such as IBS and Crohn’s. Bacillus coagulans offers MegaSporebiotic an expanded effect of controlling these common inflammatory bowel conditions in addition to its potent immune boosting activity. Coagulans has the unique attribute of producing lactic acid and specifically the L+ optical isomer of lactic acid, which has been shown to have a more profound effect on immune stimulation and gut defense than the other forms of lactic acid produced by conventional probiotics. Coagulans is also a tremendous colonizer and thus assures proper colonization of MEGAsporebiotic, which in turn will produce the beneficial effects required. Coagulans also plays a key role in digestion of food and absorption of nutrients. In fact, Coagulans can digest incoming fat to reduce the uptake of cholesterol. Coagulans adds another dimension to MEGAsporebiotic, giving it a potent ability to fight inflammatory conditions, aid in digestion and prevent the growth of harmful bacteria.
Another key strain in the formula (bacillus clausii), has been used as a prescription treatment for SIBO for a number of years. It can be very effective in your patients suffering with SIBO.
We have had numerous cases of candidiasis that have seen great benefit from this product. There can be some strange looking excrement for a period of time as the yeast leaves the system, but we have always seen very consistent and positive results.
1) We are verified to be in 100% spore form – this is critical as spore formers are also unable to survive the journey to the intestines unless they are in spore form. From what we have seen, other products that may contain 1 or 2 spores have only some of those strains in spore form; the rest is in vegetative cell form. This makes them less effective.
2) We have 5 critical strains that work in synergy. These bacillus spores aren’t found by themselves in nature. In nature these spores are typically in co-existence with other bacillus spores and they support one another in the human body. Having an effective consortium of the right spores is more how nature intended. In addition, these various spores perform different functions in the body. Having just 1 of the strains means at least 1/5 less function.
3) With 5 strains you get a whole spectrum of nutrient production that you won’t see with just 1 strain. Between the 5 they produce the whole spectrum of B vitamins, quinols, vitamin K2, digestive enzymes, etc. Each of the strains produces a different set of micronutrients.
4) Lastly, ours contains the patented bacillus indicus HU36 – this is the world’s first carotenoid (antioxidant) rich probiotic. This strain colonizes in the GI and produces RDA levels of carotenoids right at the site of absorption.
Saccharomyces boulardii is a strain we like and we believe is effective. In fact, we have used it ourselves. It fits natures design as a probiotic and the scientific definition as well. It is however a probiotic fungus and not a bacteria. Although it can be effective against diarrhea, it has limited function. To use it by itself as a daily probiotic is incomplete therapy. We use MegaSporeBiotic and supplement from time to time with S. boulardii in cases of severe and acute diarrhea.
Lactoferrin is an immune component that can be useful for acute infections or conditions. It’s not designed to be used chronically. If you look in nature, the highest concentration of lactoferrin is found in human colostrum, then the concentration reduces in human milk. Colostrum only comes in the first few days after birth and then milk comes in where nature has designed for the lactoferrin concentration to reduce. Of course the milk eventually stops as well and so humans have not evolved to require or use lactoferrin their entire life. Its important to establish the innate immune system in newborns and to protect the newborn from infection as newborns are not producing their own immune cells and then it becomes less important as the newborn matures and starts to produce its own innate immunity components. The strains in MegaSporeBiotic are a potent immune modulator and they do this equally for children and adults. In fact, it has been shown that our immune systems are likely designed with a need for this daily stimulation and modulation by bacillus spores. This would not be surprising from an evolutionary stand point when you consider that our ancestors got a daily dose of these strains their entire lives.
Spores can already survive the harsh gastric barrier and can be supplemented in effective dosages per oral dosing, thus they don’t need to be administered through the rectum.
Crohn’S, IBS, IBD and colitis
Minor and major gastro discomfort – gas, bloating, indigestion
Allergies, asthma, eczema, psoriasis.